Chestnut Mushroom and Leek Risotto
- 1 lb chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large leek, cleaned and sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 5 cups vegetable broth, warmed
- 1 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sliced chestnut mushrooms to the saucepan and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in the Arborio rice, cooking for 1-2 minutes until the grains are coated with the oil and lightly toasted.
- If using wine, pour it into the saucepan and cook for 2-3 minutes until it's absorbed by the rice. If not using wine, proceed to the next step.
- Gradually add the warmed vegetable broth to the rice, one cup at a time, stirring frequently and allowing the liquid to be absorbed before adding more.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the rice is creamy and al dente, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the butter and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the risotto immediately, garnished with additional Parmesan cheese or fresh herbs, if desired.
Recommended Baltispore products: Chestnut Mushroom Grow Kit