Chestnut Mushroom and Caramelized Onion Flatbread
- 1 lb chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley or basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet or pizza stone.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook until caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the sliced chestnut mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to your desired thickness. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread the caramelized onions and cooked chestnut mushrooms evenly over the pizza dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the flatbread in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, and let it cool slightly before cutting into slices. Garnish with chopped parsley or basil, if desired.
Recommended Baltispore products: Chestnut Mushroom Grow Kit